Saturday, April 19, 2014

Finally Home

I really hated to leave the Hampton Inn in Lexington Virginia. We had our usual complimentary breakfast in the beautiful dining room and then I took a few photos.  None inside as it was very busy with families travelling for the Easter holiday. 

Outside corridor


Clock

Pool and spa

We reluctantly packed up and took off, as we had 450 miles to go and I wanted to get home. We got back on 81 and got off at Berkely Springs WV.  This is another beautiful place that I'd like to go back to someday. They have the Country's first warm mineral springs and the town is really cute. Even George Washington has been here.  Here is a castle
 
More mineral springs

We passed a couple other places the day before that I want to mention.  One was the headquarters of Shutterfly in North Carolina. Patti uses them to make the most wonderful photo books!  Another place we passed was the historic Shot Tower, by the New River in West Virginia. 


 
The early settlers used to make ammunition here, more than 200 years ago.  

We also went by Carowinds, an amusement park I'd love to go to someday

After going through Berkely Springs we took 70 West then 99 then I think the 80 to the 219?  Anyway, we ended up in Ellicottville and then Chaffee and Java and Varysburg then HOME!  After being in Florida for 3 months then home for a week and gone again for two weeks it felt like I had been gone forever.  Plus, John didn't go on the Mississippi Riverboat cruise so I hadn't seen him in two weeks and I really missed him. Today I have to unpack and catch up on laundry. Tomorrow is Easter, have a great day!

*All images courtesy of Google, as for some reason my mom doesn't like me going 75 and taking pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment